|QC 080000 Guidebook|
|QC 080000 E-Fact sheet|
IECQ QC 080000 is the Hazardous Substance Process Management (HSPM) standard developed by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) from the Quality Assessment System for Electronic Components (IECQ), an internationally recognised environmentally friendly product norm. Based on ISO 9001/TL 9001/TS 16949, IECQ QC 080000 applies process management to integrate and manage hazardous substances with the aim of minimising or eliminating the production of such substances to satisfy RoHS, WEEE and customer-specific requirements.
The IECQ HSPM (Hazardous Substance Process Management) is a management systems approach to implementing and maintaining hazardous substance free products and production processes. It allows companies to develop processes to identify, control, quantify and report the amounts of hazardous and toxic substances in the products they manufacture or supply.
IECQ HSPM was developed to help manufacturers to identify and minimise the use of hazardous substances throughout the whole production process, including all components manufactured by outside suppliers. The system also allows outside suppliers to demonstrate that their electrical and electronic components and assemblies meet specific hazardous substance free local, national and international requirements through third-party assessment such as laboratory test reports.
With IECQ HSPM Certification, manufacturers or suppliers will be able to meet the requirements set out by the EU (European Union) in the RoHS (Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment), WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directives and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals Regulation).
The IECQ HSPM QC 080000 Certification is applicable to the manufacturing of electrical and electronic components as well as related materials, both internally produced and outsourced.
To obtain certification companies must, among other things, demonstrate the concrete efforts they undertake to reduce the use of hazardous materials in their processes and how they replace such materials with unharmful alternatives.
Under the management system, the organization shall
- Identify all hazardous substances that may contained or will potentially be introduced during their production process,
- Set up Hazardous Substance Free (HSF) policy to identify specific processes to control / eliminate hazardous substance to achieve their goals throughout the organization,
- Develop a Hazardous Substance process management plan under the quality management system,
- Assign management responsibility
- Allocate resources and information to implement the hazardous substance process management
- Monitor, measure and analyze these processes, and
- Continuous process improvement in achieving HSF.
In response to the growing concern of product hazardous substances compliance and the increasingly stringent regulatory requirements, the Hong Kong Green Manufacturing Alliance (HKGMA) of the Federation of Hong Kong Industries (FHKI), in association with the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC), has launched a 18-month support programme, aiming to spur industry-wide actions on the awareness and adoption of the IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System for SMEs.
The Support Programme aims to help SMEs to :
- understand the importance and added-value of an effective hazardous substance management;
- acquire a thorough understanding of the IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System;
- learn the principles and essentials of implementing an IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System; and
- adopt the IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System in order to enhance their market competitiveness.
The support programme features the below initiatives to enhance the industry’s understanding on IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System:
- 10 e-Fact Sheets that feature 10 success cases to share their major hazardous substances compliance strategies and experience;
- 2 seminars that introduce practices and tools on hazardous substance process management to SMEs;
- A bilingual Practical Guide which provides a “step by step” reference for SMEs to adopt IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System;
- 2 Workshops which provide information on remedial measures in case of product non-compliance or product recalls and experience sharing associated with IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System; and
- Outreach Dissemination to 10 industry/trade associations or professional institutes for introducing and explaining the IECQ QC 080000 HSPM System and the Practical Guide.
- IECQ HSPM - Demonstrate Compliance with Hazardous Substances Legislation
- IECQ HSPM QC 080000 Standard
- HKPC Green Manufacturing Network
|Funded by SME Development Fund||Organizer||Supporting Organizations||Implementation Agent|